Thursday, August 2, 2007

Hattie


It dawned on me today that I forgot to mention that while in California this last trip, I made some tribute boards in loving memory of my grandma. They tell a story of her life through photographs. And while it was extremely emotional and difficult, it was a wonderful project for me, as it really helped me in so many ways. The first board took at least an entire day to put together. It documented her childhood and growing up years.

She is so beautiful in that last picture, it just kills me. I wish I had a better close up of it. Here is the second board. This only took 3 hours to complete and I so enjoyed every minute of it. It's focus was her life as a wife, mother and grandmother...





She'll never be forgotten. EVER.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind comment! It's lovely to know that someone understands :)

Greatest luck with your blog, it's lovely and I'm sure it'll be filled with readers very soon! ;)

Vanda

caroline said...

thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - it means I have now discovered your blog and I am enjoying reading it and admiring your beautiful work. The scrapbook pages honouring your Grandmother are wonderful - a very loving tribute.

p.s - I'd love the chicken/tomatillo recipe if you could email it to me that would be great. caroline at dolliedaydream dot co dot uk.

noodle and lou said...

Stephanie, your blog is wonderful!! I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Grandmother. My Nanna, who passed away 2 years ago, also taught me to sew, cook, iron and so many other invaluable little life lessons. I know how much you must miss that special relationship. Thanks for sharing your beautiful tribute...

I'm so exicted you found my blog and thank you for giving me that final little push to FINALLY open my etsy shop!

xoxoxox...jenn
(noodle and lou studio) :)